Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Quality Time

Quality time can be a really inconvenient love language.

But maybe that's why it's so wonderful. 

Life gets sooooo busy, as we all know, and unfortunately, one of the first things thrown to the side is quality time with people we love. For some reason we see work, school, etc. as more important than relationships. I have no doubt that if we didn't eat and live in the same vicinity, I would hardly ever spend time with my friends. It pretty much only happens because there's no effort involved, which is sad. 

The days of planning to spend time together are basically non-existent. The only way I spend time with my friends is if we end up in the same place and decide to go out and do something (or do homework) together. Rarely do I make time to just sit down with a friend and discuss life or other issues. Tonight I made a Sonic run with a very dear friend whom I had seen several times during the week but never actually got to sit down and talk with. It was spontaneous, but it was so good to be able to talk with her about everything going on, discuss possible decisions, and joke about the future.

I am an introvert at heart, with quality time as my love language, and I need my one-on-one time. I feel so blessed and loved when friends make time for me and I try my best to make myself available to them because honestly, relationships are what matter, so make time. Let your friends know exactly how much they mean to you; put in the effort. That's my new goal, at least.

And if you want to find out your love language, here's the link to the test. I think it's so interesting :)
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/

No comments:

Post a Comment