Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Memories

And the memories came flooding back.

I just watched a video that was made my freshman year here at Milligan. It always makes me laugh, but this time I was flooded with memories of that year along with specific feelings and even smells from that night. 

The video was for my Humanities project. I arranged a section of my favorite song, and enlisted the help of some of my friends to sing the parts for me. This video was filmed at about 11 o'clock the night before the project was due...maybe that's why we were so loopy. 
You can view the video by clicking here.

This night was one of the best nights of my life, and not only because I was in love with one of the gentlemen (no secret there). There were so many laughs during the filming and after that my sides hurt. I remember the details of that night more vividly than most, and thinking of it always brings a smile to my face. We rehearsed the song a few times and then turned on the camera. As you can see, there were many many takes and mistakes. I'm so glad everyone kept a positive attitude throughout the whole thing because it very easily could have turned sour. There could have been frustration and arguments but instead there was laughter and tears of joy, and that is why I hold it so close to my heart.

Though some of us may not be as close as we used to be, I cherish these moments and people more than they know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment