Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pieces of Life

My life has a lot of pieces.

There's the very prevalent music piece, of course, and the friend piece. The piece I always need to pay more attention to is the spiritual piece. There's the family piece, the media piece, the coffee piece, the introvert piece, and then there's the new learning about education piece. Lately, I've been trying to fit all of these pieces together within everyday, and it causes me to have no time for silence. The only silence I experience is when I'm sleeping. 

On Monday & Wednesday, I wake up at 7 and usually don't return to my room until 5:30. Once I do return, it's time to eat dinner and then either do homework or head back down to the music building to practice. Tuesday & Thursday I don't have to wake up until 8:20 (which is a luxury), but then I have class until either 8:20 or 9 with about an hour break for dinner and some work. Fridays are heavenly because I only have one class, but I will soon begin my observations for one of my education classes.

My Junior Recital hearing (when I play the entire program from memory for the music faculty and they decide if I can do a recital or not) is on October 2nd. That's right, less than a month from now. My professor and I decided on the final selections on Monday, so as you can imagine, I'm spending all my spare time at the piano trying to breathe new life into previously learned pieces or learning the new pieces and cramming them into my memory. As much stress as this brings, I am super excited for my recital. I have some incredible pieces (Mozart, Schumann, Liszt, Ravel, Rachmaninoff) and I cannot wait to share them with everybody that comes. They will cry (I hope), and I probably will too.

So friends and family, I'm sorry if I cannot spend as much time with you as I or you would like. This period of my life will be over in 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY. (Yes, I just had a little freakout, ask my roommate,) and then I will gladly return to your life if you will have me. Please be patient, and bring me as much coffee as you feel led to. 

1 comment: