Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Miss Eversole

Since when is my name Miss Eversole? 

For my Intro to Education class, I have to have a certain number of observation hours. This morning was my first visit to my assigned teacher. Now, let me tell you, figuring out a time to observe was incredibly difficult, so I get the privilege of going at 7:50am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. . . This morning, getting up wasn't too difficult, but we'll see how much harder it gets in the weeks to come.  

I was nervous and not really looking forward to this experience, but once I got there (and found the office), things were great. The teacher (let's call her Julie) is funny, friendly, and very laid-back, and the students are very amusing. At the end of the summer, I was questioning whether or not teaching is really what I want to do. I was unsure that I would be able to find purpose through that, but this morning reassured me that teaching is a good choice. 

The class is a choral class for beginners. None of the students are very experienced, so I knew this would be an interesting class to observe. To start off, Julie split the class up into sectionals and had me teach the altos their part to a new song. This was fun but kind of challenging, since I'm used to working with people who can at least read music. 

I'm super excited about this opportunity and can't wait to get to know Julie and the students more, along with learning different techniques that I can use in my future teaching career. 

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! I have started my work as a tutor and it, too, warms my heart. Isn't it fun? :) Proud of you, buddy!

    ReplyDelete