Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Enamored

Enamored: marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness


My friends and family know that when I find something I enjoy, I get really excited and think and talk about it more than I probably should. Usually this "obsession" lasts a few months (or years) and then dwindles away. I like to think that as I get older, these obsessions are fewer and more deserving of my love than some from the past. A few examples:
  • High School Musical 1, 2, and 3
  • (As a result) Zac Efron
  • Owl City
  • The Dark Knight
  • Twilight
Now, I still love most of these things (unless I have been scarred after one certain movie, *coughcough* Zac Efron), but I have slowly realized that they are not necessarily deserving of so much of my time and attention. I have lived without obsession for about a year or two, now, but recently I have come dangerously close to developing a new one... 


Rhett and Link: "Internetainers". They grew up together in North Carolina, and then (with their wives and children) moved to Los Angeles to further their career together. Oh yeah, and they both have engineering degrees, which prompted my parents to ask why in the world they are spending their lives making Youtube videos. I don't know, but I have no complaints, either. I don't really understand why I enjoy their Youtube videos so much, but I have watched far many more than probably reasonable. Specifically, I have been watching their "Mythical Morning Show," which began in January of 2012. The show is usually about 10 minutes long and is just them sitting at a table talking about whatever they feel like discussing that day: news stories, recent scientific discoveries, childhood stories, or amusing life anecdotes. It's clean (which is very much appreciated since not much is anymore), and how they play off of each other is what keeps me coming back. Plus, it's educational!...kind of...sometimes. Oh well, if it's a waste of my time, I'll make the most of it before I go back to school and have no time to possibly waste.



For your viewing pleasure: Season 1, Episode 1

1 comment: