Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Introductions

Hi there! 

This blog, as you can see from the title, will probably mainly center around music. I am about to begin my junior year of college and will be continuing my studies in music. I am now a Music Education major with a vocal emphasis, but my primary instrument is the piano. 


I have been playing for about 13 years but wasn't really passionate about it until maybe my senior year of high school; the excitement definitely took a jump when I started college. I played Chopin's Fantasy Impromptu for my high school talent show my senior year, after working on that piece for about two years. When I started at Milligan, I learned three pieces of music in about two months - memorized and everything. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I had absolutely no idea that I was capable of learning and memorizing a piece of music so quickly, not to mention multiple! Since my freshman year, I have been pushing myself along with the help of my professors and peers. I won't go into the details, but I am beyond thankful for all the wonderful masterpieces that I now have under my fingers, and the excitement I have to get back to school is beyond words. I have been working on pieces for my junior recital, which is in just a few short months, and I can't wait to see what else I have thrown at me to stretch my horizons. 



Another huge part of my musical life at Milligan is accompanying. I have the privilege of accompanying three fabulous vocalists regularly, and they have added to my musicality more than I could ever imagine. I couldn't be more thankful for them and their professors. I'm sure I will have many musings about magical rehearsals, lessons, and performances with these lovely ladies. 

I suppose that's enough for this first post. I can't guarantee that this blog will be very interesting or entertaining (or consistent), but I'm excited about it, and I hope you will continue to read it every now and then!

With love,
Amanda
"If music be the food of love, play on." - William Shakespeare

 

No comments:

Post a Comment