Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Last Day of Work Thoughts

While searching for summer jobs in the past, I always rejected the idea of working in fast food. One summer I worked out in a cornfield, pollinating corn instead of working fast food. That's how desperate I was. In August, my parents moved to a new (big) city, and I came to live with them for the summer. Toward the end of the school year, I started turning in applications online. When I got to town, I continued turning in applications everywhere but fast food. I was then encouraged to apply to Culver's. I was a little hesitant, but I was getting seriously desperate (and my parents were stressing me out), so I turned in an application. I won't bore you with all the details, but I ended up getting hired. I wasn't thrilled, but I was relieved to have a job. 
First day.

Let me just say God loves to surprise us, and He is too good to me. This summer has been a great experience. I absolutely loved developing relationships with the people I worked with, and my whole opinion of the fast food industry has been transformed. (Plus I got to wear a tie, so that was pretty awesome.) 

I told mom the other day that I have had too many great experiences and have too many wonderful people in my life. Even if I'm having a fabulous time where I am in life, I always think of something in the past and think "Oh man, that was great. I wish I could go back to that," or I think about my friends and family that are spread all over the globe and wish I could be with them. Then I had a thought: 

HEAVEN
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”  
Revelation 21: 3-4


Seriously. How great will it be? I won't have to long to be with my friends because we'll all be there together (at least, that's the goal.) Now let's be ready for when He comes to take us there.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited to party with all the friends that I have made here on earth on random excursions in heaven. It is so encouraging to know that saying goodbye to my Christian friends doesn't mean goodbye forever!

    ReplyDelete