Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Short and Sweet

This weekend I was blessed to be able to go visit what I consider my hometown. When we pulled into town, all I could say was "It's so little!" The city where my school is has around 65,000 people, and where I've been living this summer has around 300,000, so when I returned to my town of 5,000 after not being there for a year, my eyes were opened to how small it really is. There's also no traffic, relatively, which was very strange.

Aaaanyway, we got into town Thursday evening, and visited 4 groups of friends, which was a great start to the weekend. Friday, we traveled to my Grandparents' house, where the family had gathered to celebrate my Grandma's 75th birthday. That was a blessing since I hadn't seen most of them since Christmas, and I got to see my cousin/best friend one last time before she heads off to college! AH! (More on her later.) 

SATURDAY, I left my Grandparents' in the morning, and headed back to town. I visited with some friends, and then went out with some fantastic friends from high school. It's amazing how you can not see friends for a year (and hardly speak at all), but when you're reunited nothing has changed. That's how it was, and so much laughter was shared. It was a great night. When we got back, we ditched the boys and headed out to one of my girl friend's house for a sleepover. We snacked, talked, laughed, and played Taboo (Junior...). When we eventually got sleepy, we decided to put in a movie, and since we're girls, we watched "P.S. I Love You." We cried during about 25% of it. So sad. 

Then this morning, we went to church at the church where I am still a member (even though I've only been there twice in the last year...) It was great to see everyone, even if it was only for a few minutes. To end it all, mom and I went and met my high school piano teacher. I love this woman so much. She has made a huge impact on my life and thinking as a musician. You should meet her.

Can't wait to return to my sweet, sweet town. Hopefully it'll be less than a year between visits this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment