Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Pinterest Got Me Thinking

This is the blog post that inspired me to make a blog, so here we go.

I've seen a lot of things on Pinterest that talk about what a makes a person worthy of being in your life...

Now, this is a great thought initially, but I got to thinking about it, and I wasn't so sure anymore. It is indeed important to have people in your life who will be there to support you and help you, but if those are the only people in your life, you might end up empty. Also, I don't think this is something Christ would encourage us to believe. Supportive friends are an incredible blessing, and I don't know what I would do without mine, but Christ encourages us to go beyond our friends. 

There are people in my life who aren't always there for me. I have people who hurt me and don't really know or care that they do. It's tempting to just cut them out of my life, and I have a few times, but this is not what Christ would want. He tells us to love our enemies. We need to love those who hurt us and those who never talk about anything but themselves. I know a few people who rarely, if ever, ask how I'm doing. It's a struggle for me to continue to hang out with them, but I try to do it because I know that these people need a friend. I may not get anything out of the relationship, but sometimes that's okay. I have a beautiful group of friends who will support me through the hard times, and because of that, I need to strive to be that for whoever else needs it. 

None of us are worthy of anything. We have all fallen short and done terrible things, so to say that another person is not worthy of being in my life, that's making myself greater than I am. I have hurt my friends before and not cared for them as I should have. I am not worthy of being in their life, but they still love me and accept me. For that I am eternally grateful, and I am going to strive to be that friend to whoever needs it. I encourage you to ponder this and let me know your thoughts. I will be praying for you, and I would appreciate prayers from you.




No comments:

Post a Comment