Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Now what?

Heritage had their first performance this evening. We've been working hard since Wednesday to get these pieces ready, and now that it's over, I don't know what to do with myself. I've been used to spending all day with these same 7 fantastic people, and now there's no plan. I was getting pretty depressed about this, so I decided to head down to Seeger to play it out (how I normally deal with emotions). When I got there, a couple of my Heritage family members were sitting on a bench right outside, so I chatted with them about what I was feeling, and they were feeling the same. I then went inside, but instead of sitting down at the piano, I decided to head up to the sound booth to talk it out with my good friend (who was thankfully still there.) We talked for awhile, and I left encouraged. Partly because of the time spent, and partly because I was going out with some Heritage people hehe. 

I'm blessed to have people who I love so deeply and who also care about me. I'm grateful for the time spent so far and look forward to the many memories we will make in the coming year. Now I'll just try to focus on that thought instead of the thought that I'll have to go at least every other day without Heritage rehearsals...that's no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment