Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Too Good To Be True

This last week has been fantastic. As a result, I haven't had time to blog as much as I was. (This is probably how it will be when school is back in full swing.)

I moved back to school on Tuesday afternoon. I'm living in a new dorm this year, so figuring out how to store everything and decorate was an adventure. This is the final product: 
I'm pretty excited about it. It's cozy :) Anyway, my first day back, I spent time catching up with beautiful people and got to partake of the Mid City fries that I mentioned in my previous entry.

Wednesday started Heritage boot camp, and let me tell you, I am so blessed, honored, and thankful to be part of this marvelous group of people. For those of you who don't know, Heritage is Milligan's "premier a capella group". It consists of 8 people - 2 on each part. It's a magical thing to be a part of. We rehearsed all day, then played games late into the evening. Lots of laughter was shared.

Thursday brought Panera bagels, student-led rehearsals, exciting musical advancements, and dinner and games at our professor's house. Lots of bonding and again, laughter.

Today we're rehearsing, of course, but the exciting part is we will finally be venturing somewhere on campus to share our pieces with some faculty - our first performance together! To finish it off, we'll be having dinner at Carrabba's. Another new adventure for me! Tomorrow evening we will be singing at Matriculation, and then boot camp will be over. I don't want to think about it. 

I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for this beautiful, talented, hilarious, and loving group of people. My life has already been greatly enriched by this experience, and I thank God for it everyday. How awesome it is to make music with something that God placed directly in us since day one - our voices. Several times during rehearsal, I will find myself smiling just thinking about it. 

Here's to a great year!




No comments:

Post a Comment